Do you have a persistent issue in your lab that could be solved if only you had a well-designed plan, help from EH&S or a little momentum?
Lab ENGAGE is a collaborative program between research labs and EH&S to help improve your work environment. We want to support your enthusiasm for change and we are committed to promote environment, health, and safety initiatives.
Past projects supported by Lab ENGAGE:
- Set up a lab management plan to schedule regular, rotating checks of lab organization and safe practices (Tolbert lab)
- Coordinated a cleanout schedule for freezers in the lab, which expanded to include a full de-cluttering of the lab space (Modlin lab)
- Systematically reviewed and updated critical research protocols (SOPs) (Ophoff lab)
- Planned and executed a complete lab relocation from Warren Hall to CHS (Belperio lab)
“This program is a great incentive for any lab that wants to get lab members involved in everyday lab safety…Now we have a more functional lab with everyone pitching in.”
Lab ENGAGE projects should:
- Impact environment, health, or safety
- Address an existing issue relevant to your group
- Solve a systemic problem that benefits the majority of the lab (not just one person)
Why should I do it?
- Each participating lab member receives $75 quarterly for up to 3 quarters
Submit a brief description of your issue and the obstacles you are encountering